The time it takes to recover from a whiplash injury varies greatly. It is not uncommon for symptoms to first show up days or weeks after the original whiplash impact. The most common cause of whiplash injuries is during an automobile accident, though sports injuries, shaken baby syndrome, an accidental fall and others are responsible for this painful and sometimes debilitating condition. So, what should you do? Individuals who are proactive in seeking whiplash pain relief through natural healing techniques can see symptom relief without medications that only mask the damage. If you are suffering from whiplash, St. Paul Chiropractic & Natural Medicine Center can help.
Damages Caused by Whiplash Injury
Painful whiplash injuries are often the result of a vehicle accident in which your neck is whipped back and forth putting significant strain on your neck and supportive soft tissues. When health professionals make reference to soft tissue injuries they are referring to muscles, tendons and ligaments. Shoulders and facet joints in the spine can also be damaged as a part of your whiplash related injury.
Damages caused by whiplash injury can leave you feeling stiff, sore, dizzy and fatigued. Acute whiplash injuries that produce headaches and soreness are often resolved in about three months. Chronic whiplash symptoms can persist for far longer than that with sometimes devastating results. Chronic whiplash symptom sufferers are often plagued with ongoing headache pain, back or leg pain and numbness if the injury is left unresolved.
Whiplash Recovery Tips
In the hours or days following a traumatic whiplash injury there are things that you can do as self care techniques. Whiplash recovery tips include the following suggestions:
• Make an appointment with St. Paul Chiropractic & Natural Medicine Center to diagnose whether or not you have suffered a whiplash injury.
• Follow your personalized treatment plan from your healthcare team at St. Paul Chiropractic & Natural Medicine Center.
• Keep moving because staying in bed can lead to more stiffness. But always be careful to not cause more pain.
• Prescribed exercises can provide relief for head, back and shoulder muscles and other soft tissues.
• Watch your posture. Shifting position may give you short term relief but may result in future pain and functional limitations. Chiropractic adjustments can help you to stay in proper alignment.
• Massage therapy can be beneficial for relieving painful whiplash symptoms and aiding in your body’s ability to self-heal.
Natural Whiplash Treatment Care Team in St Paul
St. Paul Chiropractic & Natural Medicine Center has long been a beacon of hope for patients who suffer from a whiplash injury. Our dedicated care team believes in providing the very best techniques and treatments for relief of painful and troubling whiplash symptoms. Natural treatments such as precise chiropractic adjustments, exercises, massage and nutrition can be very effective for recovering from whiplash injuries.
Contact St. Paul Chiropractic & Natural Medicine Center for Whiplash Pain Relief and Recovery at: (651) 644-7207.