The holidays are not always a cheerful and jolly time for everyone. For many, this season is filled with extra stress and anxiety. This feeling is referred to as holiday stress. The American Psychological Association conducted a poll and found that nearly seventy percent of people feel holiday stress due to lack of time and money. Failing to manage stress could lead to burnout, mental and physical issues, such as depression, high blood pressure and diabetes. Take the extra time to address this issue before it is too late! At St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Medicine Center, we offer massage therapy for those seeking both physical pain relief as well as mental health improvement.
Signs Of holiday-Related Stress
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of holiday-related stress include anxiousness, headaches and migraines, body aches, trouble sleeping, and irritability.
Holiday Stress-Relieving Tips
If you noticed any of the holiday related signs above, try these natural solutions to relieve stress.
● Plan ahead to avoid feeling overwhelmed. The holiday season can feel chaotic in itself and is only intensified by the pandemic.
● Make a schedule that you can stick to. Schedule the days you are going to do the holiday shopping, mail packages, wrap presents and bake holiday treats. This will help you to distribute your time and efforts evenly.
● Don’t forget about yourself! During this time, you can find yourself giving everyone and everything a little more time. Do not forget to make time for yourself. Carve an hour or two to take a walk, do some yoga, hit the gym, or talk with a friend or loved one.
● Limit your coffee intake, and not after 2pm. Yes, the holiday coffee drinks at your favorite coffee shops are back. They are filled with sugar and caffeine. Large amounts of coffee elevate your mood, but ultimately cause you to lose sleep and feel more stress.
● Treat yourself to a massage. Massage therapy is a natural treatment for reducing stress and anxiety. When you get stressed, your body’s muscles tighten as a response. A licensed therapist relieves the tension in your muscles to help you feel less anxious.
Massage Therapists In St. Paul, Minnesota
There are many reasons to choose massage therapy. At St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Medicine Center, our therapists are well equipped at making you feel your best when you walk out of our clinic. For more information about massage therapy services at St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Medicine Center, call (651) 644-7207 or email email@example.com today!