Back pain is the number one complaint to doctors in the US and costs an estimated $12B annually in healthcare and indirect costs, such as loss of wages from lost work due to back pain. It is also estimated that 80% of Americans will suffer from back pains during their lifetime. If you have suffered from any pains in your back, you realize how debilitating it can be. Know that methods for relieving the pain exist! You, too, can be relieved of the pains that you experience on a day-to-day basis. Amongst options like physical therapy, massage therapy, and acupuncture the experienced chiropractic team at St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Health remains committed to getting you relief from the back pains you are accustomed to dealing with.
Sounds Painful! So, What Exactly Is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression therapy is an innovative advance in chiropractic care that extends your spinal column to relieve pressure (decompress) and, in turn, increases blood flow to injured spots. Through this type of therapy, people have experienced increased mobility, range of motion, and relief from their chronic pains. The decompression session is generally painless. In fact, patients have been known to fall asleep during the gentle process of stretching the spine out, usually lasting about 20 minutes.
What Issues Can Spinal Decompression Help?
Because the spine is surrounded by so many nerves, that are vital for the body’s physical function, there are many different conditions that are directly related to the spine and can therefore benefit from spinal decompression therapy:
● Sciatica: Damage to your sciatic nerve, which causes a tingling feeling that radiates through the extremities.
● Bulging discs: Where the cushioning between the vertebrae bulges out. Spinal decompression therapy can help correct discs that have protruded or slipped out of place.
● Herniated discs: When a disc pushes on a nerve. Spinal decompression therapy works to help repair discs and relieve pain that radiates from the neck and shoulders.
● Posterior Facet Syndrome: Pain that occurs in the vertebrae connective joints. Spinal decompression therapy lengthens otherwise compressed parts of the spine, restores joint function and flexibility in the vertebrae, and promotes the healing of the discs.
● Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the space in your vertebrae. Spinal decompression therapy works to relieve tensions throughout the spine and allow spaces in otherwise crowded discs.
● Degenerative Disc Disease: When the cushioning between the vertebrae begins to wear out. Spinal decompression therapy aids in relieving stiffness and discomfort, improving flexibility, and increasing range of motion.
Spinal Decompression Therapy In St Paul
To receive relief from any pains you’re having in your spine, head, neck, shoulders, or other parts of your body, contact the professional chiropractic team at St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Health in St. Paul, MN. Spinal decompression therapy may be just the relief you need! Contact the team at (651) 644-7207 or via email at email@example.com to make an appointment or schedule a spine consultation.