Cold laser therapy, also known as low-level laser therapy, treats many chronic conditions, such as fibromyalgia, neck and back pains, TMJ, tendonitis, and more. Laser therapy strengthens tissues that have been damaged and works to reduce pain and inflammation. It is an FDA-approved non-invasive procedure that helps to speed up the recovery process. The team at St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Medicine offer laser therapy and are standing by to help you manage your pain.
How Does Laser Therapy Work?
Laser therapy uses a hand-held device to deliver low wavelengths of laser light to an affected area of the body. The laser can penetrate to depths of about four inches and can cause a reaction within the body that promotes cell regeneration.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
Research has proven that laser therapy causes both immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory responses within the body. Laser therapy has been known therefore to relieve acute and chronic pains, repair any tissues that have been damaged, and can stimulate the nervous system. Laser therapy has also been reported as having developed new muscle fibers and helped to regenerate cells.
- Reduction of inflammation and pain – activates the lymphatic drainage system on the swollen area which reduces inflammation and provides pain relief.
- Safe and effective – a non-invasive treatment which is much safer than undergoing surgery because it does not damage cells.
- No overdose possibilities – there is no risk of overdosing or experiencing hyperstimulation because of laser therapy sessions.
- Painless – sessions are pain-free and there are no known after-effects.
- Rapid healing – laser therapy enhances the absorption of fibrotic tissue which speeds up the healing processes.
Combining Laser Therapy with Chiropractic Care
According to research conducted by the National Institute of Health, approximately 20% of American adults suffer from some type of chronic pain. Many of these patients are seeking out methods of pain relief that are non-invasive and can avoid the usage of pharmaceuticals. Combining chiropractic care with laser therapy is an excellent combination for finding this non-invasive relief.
Cold Laser Therapy Services in St. Paul, MN
If you are one of the millions of Americans suffering from chronic pain, contact the pain management experts at St. Paul Chiropractic and Natural Medicine in St. Paul, MN. Consider laser therapy, combined with chiropractic care to help you on the road to recovery and living a pain-free life. To find out how chiropractic care or laser therapy can benefit you, call (651) 644-7207 or email email@example.com to schedule a consultation today!